Information about COVID-19 in Lancashire
I know that this will be a very uncertain time for you, your friends and your family. The situation which we currently face is unparalleled in scale and intensity during peacetime. The Government, local councils and charities are working at pace to ensure that as much support can be provided to those in need as possible.
Below you will find links to information on the support and recent guidance available for different groups:
Important Information about New Restrictions
From Tuesday 22 September:
- Residents must not socialise with other people outside of their household or protective support bubble in private homes or gardens.
- Hospitality for food and drink must operate table service only.
- Leisure and entertainment venues, including restaurants, pubs and cinemas, must close between 10pm and 5am
Residents are also advised to follow the below guidelines to further reduce the spread of the virus:
- Only use public transport for essential journeys – such as travelling to school or work. A face covering must be worn on public transport unless you are exempt.
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators.
Residents are urged to only visit indoor locations such as restaurants and pubs with other members of their household or support bubble.
Maps of Cases in Ribble Valley & Lancashire
Although cases in the Ribble Valley continue to be lower than nearly all places in Lancashire, it is vital that everyone follows the social distancing rules and guidance to ensure that remains the case. Below you will see maps which compare Covid-19 cases across the North West, and then also a more detailed breakdown of cases in East Lancashire: